Event start date
09 06 2022
What you’ll get
Leadership skills in STEM
About The Event
This workshop is open to all female STEM professionals and graduates currently residing or working in Singapore.
Recruitment, promotion and retention of female faculty and staff scientists are key to elevating more women leaders in science. Through this two-day intensive in-person leadership program, we aim to address the gender gap in science and equip women with the skills required for professional development and success.
This fully-sponsored workshop is organized in partnership with the Elsevier Foundation, the James Dyson Foundation, the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the EcosySTEM—a community for STEM professionals.
Interested participants are encouraged to apply for the workshop as soon as possible. For a better learning experience, please note that only 100 women will be selected to attend the session.
The program will cover:
How to define your professional brand
• Key strategies for applying and interviewing for senior and management positions
• Networking skills to cultivate strong professional relationships
• The makings of a leader: mentor, sponsor and advocate
Getting on the tenure track and beyond
• The art of authorship negotiation
• Writing successful grant proposals and securing funding
• Commercialization of research and intellectual property
• Research ethics in the real world
Communicating your research
• The science behind effective communication
• Scoring media coverage for research